Today in class we discussed the steps to writing an essay. The steps are: beginning, discovery, inventing/focusing, revising and finishing.
The hardest part I think will be allowing "chaos" as has been referred to in class. I am not a chaotic person, I thrive on order and logic (my husband would argue on the logic part). I definitely struggle with the "perfect first draft". Yet, I do notice that when I just try to write without worrying my writing is better and seems to flow better.
I have heard of a writing exercise (and even tried a few times) where you just sit down and start writing whatever pops into you head. It doesn’t even have to make sense or be coherent to you or anyone else, as long as your getting words on the paper. I think I may try doing that just to get the process flowing a bit better.
No comments:
Post a Comment